Have you ever heard the Irish legend in February? For the fifth century, years mattering on February 29th know "The Ladies' Privilege". During this day, Irish women have the opportunity to ask the famous question, "Will you marry me?" According to the legend, it would be St Brigid who would have complained with St Patrick of the fact for whom the women had to wait for a long time before receiving a marriage proposal.
Where is Ireland located?
- Ireland is one of the four nations of the United Kingdom. Located in the Eastern Europe, it's an astonishing place to go to discover another culture.
- Dominated by the Celts and Vikings, Ireland was the country of mixed traditions. Despite its independence, its cultures were influenced by its colonizer.
What to see and do in Ireland?
Because of its historical beauty, Ireland has many tourist attractions. Here are five incredible things to do in Ireland.
- Visiting Dublin Castle. As the capital city of Ireland, Dublin is the most fascinating destination. The seat of the British power was in Dublin until 1922. It fills numerous functions over the centuries. It was mainly the royal residence where the Lord Lieutenant of Ireland (Viceroy of Ireland) once lived. He represented the British crown.
- Visit Galway Museum. It is located near the Spanish Arch in Galway, it's the main destination for arts lovers in Ireland. The museum contains Militia artefacts, aprons and shawls in Claddagh collection. It also displays fishing boats and navigation boats in Maritime collection.
- Surf in Strandhill, Sligo. Newlyweds should visit this place and surf in the ocean. Srandhill is endowed with the best market places and cafés.
- Climb Knocknarea Mountain. It is the largest hill of the Sligo. You can climb the hill in 45 minutes. It is 327 meters high and it makes the climber lovers challenge themselves. The grave of the Queen Medb is located in this Mountain. Queen Medb is a main character from the Irish mythology, known for her authority, courage, and ambition.
- Visit the Cliffs of Moher. It is the most adorable and romantic place to visit. It is 214 meters high, the view from the top is breathtaking.
How can we go to Ireland?
Ireland is a cradle of historic culture. To visit the area, you can sail by boat or take a flight. However, planning a journey is not as so easy as it seems. That's why it is necessary to organize a trip through a travel agency. Opodo is an online travel agency. It has representatives in over 14 countries in Europe and 225 over the world.
By visiting the website, you can select your options and Opodo provides you the best deal for your trip. Whatever you want, it offers you the privilege to get a memorable trip as your plane tickets, the hotels that will host you and also the car you rent during this escapade. Now, go to the website, book your flight and hotel, and go to Ireland to have a new but also a great adventure with your new spouse.